treading gently & leaving only 'foote' prints, my testimony to living and loving harmoniously with the earth
... a blog by Tammy Foote

Monday 4 January 2010

Funky recycling




So a lot of people are living with the misconception that to be environmentally conscious you have to be a dread locked, hippy living in the country growing your own vegetables and making your own shoes. Don't get me wrong, some of my most favorite people in the world match that description perfectly, but not all of us are that fortunate (just as well... it wouldn't be much of a countryside if we all picked up and migrated that way~ and my favorite hippy friends would be mildly annoyed at the prospect... in their love the world kinda way)
I just came across this awesome surfing, skateboarding, save-the-world through art lady~ and thought to post it as a reminder that even us (reluctant) city-slickers can make a difference, in a unique way! Jane Gillings of "This Bower my prison" collects plastic throw away stuff and turns it into fun to look at, very clever stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment