treading gently & leaving only 'foote' prints, my testimony to living and loving harmoniously with the earth
... a blog by Tammy Foote

Wednesday 17 March 2010

More challenges..


and the bustle continues... my list of ideas to raise money for SEVA, grows and shrinks as I conceive the ideas, send out proposals and then deal with denial.

Every two weeks the participants in the challenge make an international conference call to discuss their progress etc. I have as yet not been able to make this happen but have listened to them on the long train trip home.

Yesterday, one of the participants said..."the hardest part is asking, not hearing the NO", and well I mostly agree. At the moment its all pretty hard. Another mentioned that sometimes we don't necessarily reach our goals the way we had planned... I'm really finding this to be true. The people and connections i think will definitely come through- don't always, and often unsuspecting others do! I think I am happy with this, as long as they balance out!

I continue to find inspiration though, yesterday I was lucky enough to attend a yoga class with Adi Carter, a yogaslacker , and activist. Her class was fabulous and her much needed post class words of wisdom were very appreciated. Next weekend we will be attending 'Redefining Balance' a yoga slackers event in Tokyo, I am guaranteed to find some inspiration there!

This morning (very early), my friend Mike, a great photographer, started taking some photos for what will be my yoga blog, and the site where I will be SEVA related writing... it was freeeeezing, but fun and it looks like he has done a great job.

I am now sorting though pictures so that some may be edited... and really having to look at myself, not always easy i tell you but very valuable. Trying to see yourself through the eyes of others can be very humbling in so many ways (so can asking for money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment